Once authentication is successfully established with Salesforce for
- posting pages to Knowledge Articles, and optionally,
- for previewing Articles published from Confluence,
you can begin the setup of each Space which will be used for publishing to Salesforce.
Space Activation and Configuration
Space preparation for use with Knowledge:Bridge comprises of the following key steps:
- Activation – Enabling the Confluence Space for publishing to Salesforce. One or more Spaces within Confluence may be enabled. Once enabled, the options for publishing pages to Salesforce Knowledge become configurable.
- Permissions – Selecting Confluence Groups that may be permitted to publish pages to Salesforce Knowledge
3. Structure – Selecting whether pages from the Space are to be published free-form or hierarchically
4. Parameters – Publishing Parameters to configure Article URL in Salesforce, Article styling, etc.
5. Article Metadata – Associating Salesforce data categories, record types, and channels with Confluence pages to be published to Salesforce. This may be done at the page level.
Removing Space Configuration
Knowledge:Bridge stores configuration and data in each Confluence space in which it is enabled in Entity Properties. The configuration refers to the items above that determine how content from a space will be published to Salesforce, as well as, the metadata to be used for that page. The data refers to the history, version, etc associated with each page that is published to Salesforce Knowledge Articles.
Knowledge:Bridge provides the option to remove either the configuration or both the configuration and data from the space. Configuration may need to be reset if publishing characteristics need to be revised or reset. Data may need to be removed if the space is no longer used for publishing content to Salesforce.