Release Date: May 20, 2019
- Due to a recent update in Jira Cloud API related to Issue metadata, zAgileConnect package configuration option 5 (Select Issue fields to pull from Jira) was no longer accessible.
This patch is only relevant for Jira Cloud customers
Links to packages specific to each release are below. Please be sure to choose the version corresponding to the package you wish to upgrade. If you are installing into a sandbox organization you must replace the initial portion of the URL withhttp://test.salesforce.com
For any questions, please contact us at support atzAgile.com:
Upgrade for zAgileConnect Salesforce package 1.8.x
Use this URL to install the package into any organization:
Please refer to: Salesforce package update for user privacy changes in Jira Cloud
Release Date: May 11, 2018
zAgileConnect Release 1.8.3 is an important update to address an issue encountered with Case-Issue Field Mapping configuration page (screenshot below) when deployed in the Salesforce Summer ’18 Release. This patch update is recommended for all customers with zAgileConnect 1.8.x package, ahead of the Salesforce Summer ’18 rollout to production and sandbox orgs.
Use this URL to install the package into any organization:
Note: If you are installing into a sandbox organization you must replace the initial portion of the URL with http://test.salesforce.com
What Happens If You Do Not Upgrade?
Without this patch, the Configuration below will not be able to retrieve and display existing Case-Issue Field Mapping or allow you to configure any new mapping. However, existing mapping will continue to function for Issue created or updated from Salesforce.
Release Date: August 6, 2017
Please note that this is a JIRA only maintenance release.
For JIRA Server – a direct update of the add-on will be needed. Please be sure to perform a backup of zAgileConnect’s data via Add-on administration→Backup & Restore Salesforce Data option
For JIRA Cloud – this does not require a manual upgrade
JIRA Cloud – Added delay parameter for sending Issue updates to Salesforce
In scenarios where JIRA index is stale (i.e. it takes some time to refresh following issue updates) and not reflecting the current state of an Issue, this parameter may be used to enforce a slight delay in sending Issue updates to Salesforce as a way to catch up with JIRA index latency. This feature was previously implemented only for JIRA Server.
JIRA Cloud/Server – Tabs in Case Detail pop up in JIRA may be individually refreshed
The scope of the refresh icon on the right is the current active tab, as shown in the screenshot below.
Case Feeds and Case Emails may be accessed in Case detail pop up in the related JIRA Issue
Via configuration options (Case Tab Settings) in the zAgileConnect Add-on administration in JIRA, Case Emails and Case Feeds may optionally be accessible to the user within the context of the related JIRA Issue via Case Detail pop up. Additional options may also be configured to allow embedded images and attachments in Feeds and Emails to be accessed for downloading either locally or importing directly into the Issue.
Link to Case from JIRA Issue
If a Case Number is known, it is now possible to link a JIRA Issue to that Case from within the Issue, by using a special #linktocase tag in a Comment.
This requires the Case Feed to be enabled.
ex: #linktocase #00010669
The above tags in an Issue Comment will result in the posting of a corresponding tag (#linktojira) in the Feed of the Case referenced above which executes the link action to associate the Case with the JIRA issue.
Selection of Public vs Private Comments in Case Comment Tab
This enhancement allows further control of enabling Case Comment visibility in the related JIRA Issue. It is now possible to choose whether Public, Private or Both types of Case Comments will be visible in the related JIRA Issue.
HTML Text and Boolean Fields in Salesforce Properties Panel
JIRA Server – Added a configuration parameter to enable HttpClient to use system proxy settings
Release Date: March 17, 2017
- Too many SOQL Statements error a potential risk on Refresh JIRA Issues in SF sync process, if custom triggers are implemented in the org (JIRA Server and JIRA Cloud)
- User masquerading not working for comments in v1.8 (JIRA Server)
Release Date: December 12, 2016
- Share Case Attachments with related JIRA Issue(s) – In addition to being able to explicitly send attachments to JIRA, it is now also possible to make all Case Attachments visible to related JIRA Issue(s) to allow JIRA users to download them locally or in the Issue.
- Share Case Comments with related JIRA Issue(s) – This option allows all Case Comments to become visible
- Support for JQL via Advanced Search feature in Salesforce Case page
- Support for Salesforce Lightning UI
- Permission Restrictions for enabling JIRA Issue Creation, Update, and other actions on Related JIRA Issues VF page by Users and Profiles
- CSV import of Case-Issue relationships into zAgileConnect
- Project and Issue Type fields may be mapped on Issue Creation, relevant when auto-creating JIRA Issue upon Case creation
- Issue Entity Properties in JIRA Server to allow access to Case fields in JIRA
- Issue Updates to Salesforce (ZIssue) are configurable by batch size, retry frequency and time interval
- JIRA Issue Search from Salesforce now supports searching by Issue Key
- Comments sent from Case feed are no longer added to Case Comments
- Salesforce Files are supported in the list of attachments available to be sent to JIRA
- Enhanced Retry mechanism for JIRA Issue update to Salesforce, with email notification on update failures
- Support for TLS v1.1 and v1.2 for bidirectional exchange between Salesforce and JIRA Server
Upgrading to zAgileConnect 1.8.x
Due to some changes in package components leading up to v1.8.x, upgrading to this version from earlier versions requires two steps:
- Upgrade your existing package to zAgileConnect v.1.7.10
- Upgrade v1.7.10 to v1.8.x
To install a package into a Salesforce sandbox org, ‘login’ is replace by ‘test’ in the package URL
If you attempt to perform a direct upgrade, you will see the following msg from the installer
The upgrade will retain existing configuration and data. However, it is strongly recommended that you backup existing data prior to performing these steps.
Upgrading zAgileConnect for JIRA Server
When upgrading zAgileConnect Salesforce package, please make sure to also perform the requisite upgrade to the Add-on in JIRA to make sure that the two components are compatible with each other.
The Add-on compatibility matrix provides links to the relevant versions to match with the Salesforce package version that you have installed